A downtown, south-facing balcony,
Click on images below for a larger picture.
I've been gardening only since about 2005, but I have a few tips to share:
- Try to use more native plants of local provenance to attract and support local bees, butterflies, and other insects.
- Plant the same seeds/plants in different areas of your balcony to see where the plant grows best.
- Start each season by setting up the planters first. Then decide what you want in each of those planters.
- Make your balcony cozy to sit around.
- Use larger planters (most of mine have a diameter of ~ 40 cm) so that you don't have to water as often.
- Consider D.I.Y. Balcony Composting.
Thank you Marco Pagliarulo