Join Toronto Balconies Bloom, Riverdale Food Working Group and Toronto Green Community for our 2012 Edible Garden Container Photo Contest! Let’s showcase Toronto’s wonderful small space gardens and inspire the multitude of container gardeners to get creative! Anyone growing any kind of edible plant in a creative container is invited to participate. All are welcome, beginner to experienced – no garden too weedy, no container too small!
Compete for great prizes!
Photos will be judged by celebrity gardeners. Prizes will be awarded based on criteria such as creativity (handmade items), innovation (ingenious use of materials), aesthetic value, plant vitality and plant design. Winning submissions will be showcased on the Toronto Balconies Bloom website.
Want to participate? Here are the guidelines:
- 75% of the plant material must be edible (vegetables, fruit, herbs, edible flowers).
- Containers must be salvaged, recycled, reused, reusable, DIY or handcrafted.
- Submit 2 photos — one close-up of your crop-in-a-pot and one that includes its surrounding. Please include your name and a brief statement to introduce your creation to the judges.
- Recommended photo specs: 500 pixel minimum width and 72 dpi resolution
- FINAL ENTRY DATE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
Any new information will be posted here on the TBB website.